Saturday, July 7, 2012

Blog introduction


Hey Jonathan here starting off my blog. This blog is here just for me to talk about music that I am listening to for the day or has been on my mind. First I'll start with a little about me, I'm currently going to school at Full Sail University studying music business. I feel that music is an art form and it can basically enhance your day or mood. Depending on how my day is going kind of sets my preference of musical choice. But I listen to all types of music from classical to rock to country. My top artists at the moment are Rise Against, Eli Young, Shinedown, and I See Stars.  So music is very cyclic in its forms of what is popular. Back in the day people played music on flute and drums to celebrate and for rituals then came music used for plays in the form of chorus' in ancient Greece, to the polyphonic music for religious rituals in the middle ages and used daily in the Renaissance period to and then the operas came around. The next period of music of we come to know as classical which is much more instrumental and created by composers, i.e. Beethoven, Mozart, Bach. Then we run into the invention of the radio and music gained tremendous popularity. We have since seen different genres take the forefront from jazz to rock and roll to country to Hip-hop and R&B and Electronica today to a mix of them all. 
Thanks for tuning into to this post I know it is only the introduction tune in next time to see what songs I have on my mind. Jonathan  

No comments:

Post a Comment